What comics are you reading?

Discussion in 'Other Media' started by Boreas, Jun 13, 2015.

1. Boreas

Boreas n log(log n) Staff Member

I read WildC.A.T.S. when Image first started publishing them, but I slowly-quickly got bored and was never there for Moore's run. The only aspects of the title I liked were the characters Zealot and Grifter, and Grifter's connection to the covert ops group Team 7.

The Vagabond manga is gorgeous! And because it's so well drawn and told, I'm willing to forgive some of the liberties Inoue takes - some of which are quite gross indeed, e.g. the characters of Seijūrō and Ganryu are completely changed from the original, and this changes the nature of the meta-conflict between Musashi's path and especially that of Ganryu. Coincidently, @Diziet Sma and I are currently reading Musashi! You should also pick up the title, especially if you like the manga!

2. Tiran

Tiran Well-Known Member

I'll check out Musahsi!, thanks.

3. Boreas

I've finally started Knights of Sidonia by Nihei Tsutomu and read the first two volumes. Interesting mix of elements: generation ship (freaking huuuge generation ship), mecha, some engineered humans able to photosynthesize for energy, alien antagonists that seem to be a mix of what you'd find in Seafort Saga by David Feintuch and Attack on Titan by Isayama Hajime. So far, it's great.

4. Tiran

Tiran Well-Known Member

The Sidonia Netflix series is pretty decent, despite the computer drawn characters.

5. Boreas

I'd much rather read the manga than watch anime. I rarely watch anime now unless something comes particularly well-recommended or if the film/show is an original production rather than an adaptation or a pre-existing manga.

6. Tiran

Tiran Well-Known Member

I don't usually see watching media and reading as at all equivalent, especially when the versions can be so different. Like the films Ghost in the Shell or Blade Runner were compared to their source material.

7. KarenRollins

KarenRollins Full Member

I like Marvel ones. They are very colorful and energetic. Moreover, I like to taste anything delicacy.. I read that caviar was good for the brain. And have a lot of hemoglobin for the main body functions.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020