Welcome to Best Science Fiction Books Forum

Discussion in 'Comments/Feedback' started by btkong, Apr 7, 2015.

1. btkong

btkong Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to our new forum JUST for science fiction readers. Our aim here is to discuss the best of science fiction literature.

It's my hope you guys will use this forum to get some awesome reading recommendations.

===RULES (READ OR RISK BANNING)===

NO Book Promotion

We absolutely do NOT tolerate any sort of link spam promoting your new book in the forum, especially if you are a brand new member and the first thing you start doing is advertising your book

Hustling your book this way won't earn you any good will with potential readers, but the opposite. If you promote your book by spamming like this, you will be banned permanently and your book and name will be added to an 'Authors of Shame' thread so other readers know NEVER to read your book in the future.

Join the community, contribute VALUE, prove you want to be here as a community member. In time, if you are a contributing active member, people may be more interested in your book if you give it a plug.

If you simply want to announce your new book, you can do so in the Writing & Promotion Forum. Advertisements outside of this forum will result in a ban.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2015
    Boreas likes this.
  2. TomTB

TomTB Administrator Staff Member

Let's get this thing going! =)

Boreas likes this.
  3. SopranosFan

SopranosFan New Member

I can finally log in and post! Yay!

4. kenubrion

kenubrion Well-Known Member

5. hand of fear

hand of fear New Member

I've now signed up for this Forum to since I have been reading more SF lately !

btkong likes this.
  6. TomTB

TomTB Administrator Staff Member

Hi hof :) Welcome to the BSFB forum! Look forward to disagreeing with you over here as well!

7. btkong

Heya, just checked this out. I don't see it for some reason? Do you mean the mini reviews/blurbs about each book are not matching the book title/number?

8. kenubrion

kenubrion Well-Known Member

No, it's fixed now. The entries were the same but the list was totally different but when you loaded the new site it was fixed. I should have deleted my comment, sorry about that.

9. hand of fear

hand of fear New Member

I'm not sure if main site is working for me the lists look the same and don't seem to be updated, am I missing something here ?

10. btkong

The homepage, the list page, and the subgenre pages all have the updated layout. The Top 25 is still on the old layout, however AND is not updated just yet. Nor are the new lists added. The reason is the programmer has been working for a full week on the backend stuff, so we can't update with new content until he's down, which should be over the next couple days. Then the new content goes up.

11. Alicia

Alicia Well-Known Member

Just waving hello as a new inductee. I read a variety of genres by SciFi and Fantasy are my favourites.

Khartun, kenubrion and TomTB like this.
  12. Khartun

Khartun Full Member

13. Alicia

Alicia Well-Known Member

Thank you!

14. Alicia

Alicia Well-Known Member

Interesting concept! I've downloaded a sample.