Trying to Track down a book with a Space Hooker named "Rayna"

Discussion in 'Science Fiction' started by KiwiSpyGirl, Jan 7, 2018.

1. KiwiSpyGirl

KiwiSpyGirl New Member

Hi Everyone,

Ignore my badly spelt username, i didnt realise there was a typo until it was too late (supposed to be KiwiSpyGirl :/)

I have a question. I am trying to track down a book with nothing but a Character name. and it is “Rayna”

When I was young, my mother told me she got my name from a Science Fiction book she was reading, and she loved the name and so she called her first daughter that (me obviously). It was not until later on my life that she told me the type of character it was.

Rayna was a space prostitute…

Apparently, she was a high up there prostitute for senators and dignitaries (allegedly).

My mother does not remember the book and I haven’t been unable to find on a simple google.

Does anyone remember reading a 30+ year old book where there was a space prostitute called Rayna in it? I am nearly 31 so it would have to be older than that.

If so and you remember the name/author could you let me know so I could track it down?

Note: I can only go from what she told me and that is all she remembers, it could have easily been fantasy… and/or mind easily mislead so the character could have just been a slut or something.

Thanks and regards,

Rayna (not a prostitute)

2. TomTB

TomTB Administrator Staff Member

Have fixed that for you ;) Welcome to the forum!

Sorry but I can't help with your query though.

3. Boreas

Boreas n log(log n) Staff Member

4. KiwiSpyGirl

KiwiSpyGirl New Member

Thanks TomTB - Appreciate it :)

Thanks Boreas but thats not it... This book would have been published before I was born which would be 1987

5. Boreas

Boreas n log(log n) Staff Member