Time Travel story search

Discussion in 'Science Fiction' started by Robert Boswell, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Robert Boswell

Robert Boswell New Member

Hello. This is Bob and I am new here. I joined because I am looking for a specific story I remember reading as a kid (probably in the 50's or early sixties). it was a time travel story about a group that would change the future by effecting maximum change with minimum actual effort. I remember only that the central change made was to simply push a child's block back on a closet shelf so that a child could not see it. This minor change affected the future in a major way. Does anyone out there know the story and or its author? I am not sure if this was a short story, a novel, or a novella. Thank you

Bob

2. kenubrion

kenubrion Well-Known Member

3. Robert Boswell

K,

Thanks. I shall check. Any chance you have the handles of these guys?

Bob

4. kenubrion

Gilbert and Tom. Gilbert in particular amazes us.

5. Robert Boswell

Thanks k. I appreciate the response.

6. kenubrion

I see they are playing hard to get. I'll post a little nudge but it will be my Amazon ID.

7. kenubrion

That's better but Gil must not have it either or he would post. At least they're all into the challenge though. I know I'm going to check it out once it's discovered.

8. Boreas

Boreas n log(log n) Staff Member

Hi Bob, I don't remember the detail about the "child's block" but the bit about a group of people "affecting maximum change with minimum effort" sounds like the Eternals from Isaac Asimov's The End of Eternity (1955).

9. kenubrion

Bob, did you see what happened on the "hopeless" search thread at Amazon sci-fi forum? That's what Gil does. So he's drawing a blank on yours or he would post. Never does until he's sure. Yours has more people searching and I would bet it will be figured out if End of Eternity isn't the one.