This Thread Kills Fascists (Pt. 2)

Discussion in 'Other Media' started by Boreas, May 17, 2015.

1. Diziet Sma

Diziet Sma Administrator Staff Member

Does any of you like Mumford & Sons? If so, have you listened to their new mini-album Johannesburg? Brilliant!

2. Sparrow

Sparrow Well-Known Member

I really like 'Little Lion Man', and I think the other song is called 'Wolf' that I've heard on the radio... any band that brings back the banjo can't be bad.

Audioslave performing 'Like a Stone'... beautiful lyrics, as if it's a ghost caught in limbo, searching a vacant house for someone whose long gone.

3. Sparrow

Greensleeves...

4. Diziet Sma

Great song! I always liked Chris Cornell. Higher Truth, his last album has many great songs. I have a few from his previous one Scream, in one of my running play lists: Never Far Away, Scream

5. kenubrion

kenubrion Well-Known Member

Elvira, great avatar image! I mean, really great. You're very creative, the witch shadow with camera phone is a super juxtaposition with the feet. It leaves me worrying that the water will wash off the green but that's probably your real color, right?

6. kenubrion

You kids and your music. Thanks for all these and Boreas for getting it started. This will help me become acquainted with what's going on these days.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
    Diziet Sma likes this.
  7. Diziet Sma

Thanks @kenubrion. Oh, it is my real colour! I tan easily...;)

8. Boreas

Boreas n log(log n) Staff Member

I was thinking gamma radiation exposure and subsequent She-Hulk transformation.

Diziet Sma likes this.
  9. Sparrow

Nice little ditty about God...

10. Sparrow

Boreas and Diziet Sma like this.
  11. Diziet Sma

Jesusssss, I remember this song as it were yesterday...!

12. Diziet Sma

Thurston Moore a great guitar for mellow, looong evenings.
    (The warm up is longish. You might want to start in min 3)

and Passenger, folk music for a lazy afternoon…

13. R-Hat

R-Hat Well-Known Member

This is Star Shpongled Banner by Shpongle, the song that got me on the psychedelic journey (American patriots forgive). I heard a few chords from it in a crappy national TV document about the trance music scene, but this isn't even trance. I didn't know the name, but it left a deep impression in me. Someone out there knows what I need! There is a whole genre or two inspired by this band.
    My theory on how they came to be is that they started as trance DJs (Ronald Rothfield started as the Quintessence jazz flute player) and they played a hard and fast music in tropical countries. But then they took too much drugs and had to slow their music and make it even more psychedelic and god saw that it was good and he divided the psychedelic trance from the psychedelic ambient.

Diziet Sma likes this.
  14. Diziet Sma

Well, @R-Hat this was fun to listen to. I’ve never been a psychedelic music fan, maybe prejudiced from my years living in Majorca and Ibiza Islands, where macro-psychedelic party was THE THING you did. I didn’t like them then and I tented to avoid them… Obviously God also knows about music too and knows when to intervene for a greater cause…:)

15. kenubrion

I couldn't believe the voice that came out of Elyse Davis. She doesn't look like she sounds. What an incredible vocalist.

Hey you all, a little help? I can't figure out how to post the vevo video of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs live performance of Down Boy at the Fillmore. This is the url of the video: http://www.bing.com/th?id=OVP.V9309...61cc&w=520&h=292&c=7&rs=2&qlt=90&pid=1.7&rm=2

Web page address: http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...5F2C1DE5C38EEAC115DD5F2C1DE5C38EE&FORM=VRDGAR

Thanks in advance.

16. Diziet Sma

This one is the only one I found...

17. Diziet Sma

Ooops twice! he must be good...:)

18. kenubrion

Thank you so much Elvira. Which icon do you need to use on the toolbar? Or was I just using the wrong url? I still have a problem navigating within browsers.

Anyone familiar with the Yeah Yeah Yeahs? Just a drummer, a lead guitar and Karen O singing.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2016
  19. Boreas

Boreas n log(log n) Staff Member

@kenubrion, just copy and paste the url from Youtube. It will automatically display the video.

20. Diziet Sma

This one is the only one I found...
    Your two links gave me blank and I couldn't follow them. As Boreas says, once you found the video in YouTube, copy the link and paste it in the old fashion film icon(media) to the right of the smilies.:)