The Last Movie You Saw

Discussion in 'Film & TV' started by Boreas, Jul 3, 2015.

1. Safari Bob

Safari Bob Well-Known Member

I watched Logan this morning. I enjoyed it.

2. TomTB

TomTB Administrator Staff Member

Watched the new Wonder Woman last night. Really liked it .. definitely hoping for some sequels. I'm a little bit in love with Gal Gadot.

3. Diziet Sma

Diziet Sma Administrator Staff Member

The Book of Eli. 2010. Hughs brothers. Soporific...
    I have already started watching the 2nd season of Black Mirror: Great so far!

4. Safari Bob

I watched Metropolis the other day. I couldn't sleep this morning so watched some crappy movie called Jupiter Ascending. Painful.

5. Diziet Sma

Oh dear! I sympathise with you. I tried to watch it a few months back and fell happily asleep. Never felt the urge to give it a second chanceā€¦

Safari Bob likes this.
  6. Boreas

Boreas n log(log n) Staff Member

Saw two films tonight.

King Arthur: Legend of the Sword by Guy Ritchie. Okay, when the film opened with elephantus gigantus, I immediately groaned inwardly. I knew from the start that it wasn't going to be a faithful or a serious adaptation, but that just seemed beyond ridiculous...impinging on Lord of the Rings territory. BUT, that initial scene was actually helpful in dispelling any illusions I might have had for the film, and once I decided to just go with the flow, I really enjoyed it. Ritchie's version of Arthur only keeps the skeleton of the story with a few key markers, but changes everything else. What he's done is brought Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels to mediaeval Britain. He's made Arthur a streetwise racketeer, and it bloody worked. I heard people saying that it was crap, but if you forget about expecting any kind of serious Arthur film, this remix by Ritchie is really entertaining. I'm giving it a B+. Yes, that's how much I enjoyed this silly film. Hell, there's even Kung-fu.

Alien: Covenant by Ridley Scott. I'm compelled to watch anything related to the Xenomorph, no matter how bad. It was marginally better than Prometheus, but that's not saying much as even a short vomit experience to get the excess alcohol out of your system is more pleasurable than watching that turd of a film. Being marginally better than P doesn't make it good. Fuck you Ridley Scott for ruining Alien continuity for all time. How do you not feel ashamed at putting out such worthless plots and badly retconning your original masterpiece. Do you need cash? Is it an ego thing? You've long needed to be put out to pasture. Michael Fassbender did a great job as usual, but even top quality actors will never redeem shit writing.

Safari Bob and Diziet Sma like this.
  7. Diziet Sma

I bet you feel lots better after this...;)
    And I agree Prometheus was una gran caca.

8. Kanly

Kanly Regular Member

I rewatched a classic spaghetti Western recently: For a Few Dollars More by Sergio Leone with Clint Eastwood and the awesome Lee van Cleef.

9. Boreas

Boreas n log(log n) Staff Member

A little, but not enough. But we definitely agree on Prometheus.

10. TomTB

TomTB Administrator Staff Member

Watched Keeping Up With The Joneses last night. Was in the mood for a comedy.

Decent film. Probably my favourite part was when the characters played by Gal Gadot and Isla Fisher went lingerie shopping. Very tastefully done!

Safari Bob likes this.
  11. Kanly

Kanly Regular Member

I'm looking forward to watching this. I'm with you on Gal Gadot!

12. Safari Bob

I watched Unforgiven the other day. I had forgotten how good that film is.

Diziet Sma likes this.