SF/F Reading in May 2018

Discussion in 'Science Fiction' started by Boreas, May 2, 2018.

1. Safari Bob

Safari Bob Well-Known Member

I just got a copy of Quozl.

Diziet Sma likes this.
  2. Diziet Sma

Diziet Sma Administrator Staff Member

Foundation I.
    I have listened to the first three stories The Psychohistorians, The Encyclopedists and The Mayors but I have decided to read the final two: The Traders and The Merchant Princes.
    I don't think audiobooks are for me. The fact the narrators set up the tone and pace interfere with my own interaction with the story; it feels it doesn´t leave much to my imagination.

At 65% of Blindsight: I'm loving it!

3. Boreas

Boreas n log(log n) Staff Member

If you're listening to the original BBC dramatisation of which I've heard, then I think you're not getting the full text as Asimov wrote it. I hope you'll have a chance to read it properly sometime.

Very glad you're liking Blindsight!

4. Diziet Sma

I have checked this, and you are right; The Traders is missing from the audiobook. Well, no doubt now I will be reading the rest.

Boreas likes this.
  5. kenubrion

kenubrion Well-Known Member

Well I'm relieved to know at least one staff member still reads. I think all of them at Best Fantasy Books listen. Maybe Audible offers incentives?

6. Diziet Sma

Yep, we are one species in decline.;)

7. Boreas

Boreas n log(log n) Staff Member

I can only do audiobooks for a 're-read', and only if I can stand the narrator. There are some I tried as 're-reads' and I still couldn't listen because the narrator was just so bad. You've not been stopping by much lately. Did you have a reading slump or something?