SF/F reading in August 2017

Discussion in 'Science Fiction' started by Safari Bob, Jul 27, 2017.

1. Boreas

Boreas n log(log n) Staff Member

Variety. It's the spice of life.

2. Kanly

Kanly Well-Known Member

Not really. I kinda liked the way it left things open-ended. But I also want to know more about the Pinger and Digger cultures and I also want to know more about the internal dynamics of the secretive Reds. Another book would definitely be awesome.

3. Kanly

Kanly Well-Known Member

I finished reading Legend and liked it. It was such a huge change after reading Seveneves that it was kind of surreal. And while I was liking reading about all the combat and the Nadir and Druss and his axe Snaga, I somehow still had Seveneves at the back of my mind. I've still been thinking about the cold war between the Reds and the Blues, and I've been thinking about all those crazy genetic modifications that led to a species of human that almost isn't really human any more. Not the Diggers and Pingers but the seven distinct strains or versions descended from the original survivors many thousands of years ago. Maybe I should have waited to read Legend. I did really like it, but I kinda feel like I should have liked it more than I did because I was still hungover from the earlier sci-fi read.