Page keeps crashing. Help?

Discussion in 'Updates/Feedback/Giveaways' started by Boreas, Aug 24, 2017.

1. Boreas

Boreas n log(log n) Staff Member

Ever since @hrafnwasser posted in the 'General art appreciation' thread, every time I try to visit page 2, the page keeps crashing. If I'm at the top of the page, it takes a long time to load, then as I scroll down nearer to hrafnwasser's post, it crashes. Similarly, it takes a long time to load if I'm at the bottom of the page (currently the last post is by @kenubrion) and as I scroll upwards to hrafnwasser's post, the page crashes.

Page 1 of the thread loads fine. The 'Mediaeval Iconography and Science Fiction/Fantasy' thread with its humongous images loads fast and fine. Just page 2 of the 'General art appreciation' thread is giving me problems.

hrafnwasser, was the image you attached some huge file? Could you edit the post by uploading a smaller sized file perhaps, or is it the image hosting site that might be giving me problems? I've been using the tinypic hosting service based on @Diziet Sma's suggestion (or I upload directly).

I've cleared my browsing cache and cookies and that still hasn't solved the problem, so I have no clue what's going on? Anybody know?

2. Diziet Sma

Diziet Sma Administrator Staff Member

Yes, I have had the same problem even with my super new shiny computer.

3. Boreas

Okay, so it's not just me! You can't see hrafnwasser's post either?

4. Diziet Sma

I can on my new PC after waiting patiently to load up. However, on the Ipad, it's a no: it keeps crashing.

5. hrafnwasser

hrafnwasser Well-Known Member

Many apologies - same was happening with me. Was fine at the time of posting. Deleted the post. All seems well, now. Sorry once again.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
  6. Boreas

Ah, now the page loads fine! But I'm curious about the problem. Did you upload the image directly when you posted, or did you use an image hosting site? If direct upload, how bit was it, and if hosting site, then which one?

I think there's a limit to how large the direct upload can be...1mb perhaps, I can't remember. I've always uploaded sizes < 1mb; if the file is larger, I usually downsize it with the standard image editor on Windows.

You should try loading the image again, either directly or with a proven hosting site such as tinypic.com, and see if a similar problem occurs or not.

7. hrafnwasser

hrafnwasser Well-Known Member

I'll do as you suggest - could have been overly large image.

8. kenubrion

kenubrion Well-Known Member

What computer brand/model did you get? I'm in the market for a new one also.

9. Diziet Sma

MacBook Pro. I’m in love with him. He understands me...

10. Diziet Sma

By the way, the forum site keeps logging me out every couple of minutes...