Odds and Ends

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Boreas, Apr 24, 2015.

1. Boreas

Boreas n log(log n) Staff Member

Now that's what I call disco spacers.

Diziet Sma likes this.
  2. Boreas

3. Diziet Sma

Diziet Sma Well-Known Member

Ha,ha! Her ears are dancing margarita!

4. Boreas

It's from episode two of a silly German show called World of Wolfram. There are a couple of scenes that end up being pretty amusing.

5. Diziet Sma

Ty! Yes, I can see which ones. Humor varies so greatly from country to country...

6. Boreas

Predicting fashion from 1939. From BSFB's FB page:

Eve, A.D 2,000! (1939), from the British Pathé Archives.

First broadcast on the 20th of March, 1939, this newsreel presents a tongue-in-cheek look at what American fashion designers predicted would be the mode of the day in the year 2000. Futuristic fashion included dresses that could be adapted for both day and evening wear, male-catching transparent net dresses, and bridal gowns with cellophane veils. Predictably, men's fashion never seemed to be a priority; they took a utilitarian turn which included pockets to fill with a miscellany of items.

Diziet Sma likes this.
  7. Diziet Sma

Nº2!!!! Transparent net dress and humongous bun! That's me first thing in the morning driving to work. Above all, stylish practicality...

Boreas likes this.
  8. Boreas

I thought they were pretty close with their predictions in some respects. The got the slobby looking dirty hipster right. But I guess it doesn't matter much if you've got enough candies for cuties.

Diziet Sma likes this.
  9. Diziet Sma

But of course...!

[​IMG]

10. Boreas

Diziet Sma likes this.
  11. TomTB

TomTB Administrator Staff Member

12. TomTB

TomTB Administrator Staff Member

Diziet Sma likes this.
  13. Boreas

14. Jack Brewhouse

Jack Brewhouse Well-Known Member

Perhaps this is why writers have such a hard time getting taken seriously these days...? This was on my FB page.

[​IMG]

15. Boreas

Lord, just what we need....more justification for aliens to exterminate humanity!

Jack Brewhouse likes this.
  16. Jack Brewhouse

My recent project. It stalled for a while the baby took over my life but it's finally finished, sold and gone. It started out as a Thai Honda Sonic 125. It was brutalised and every panel was smashed.

[​IMG]

Everyone hated it so I gave her a new lease on life. I decided she needed a low-budget makeover. I did her out in 'Sonic the Hedgehog' colours and upgraded the headlight with a HID mount. I rebuilt the rear end and turned her into a customer mini-cafe-racer.

[​IMG]

The new owner is madly in love with her. She runs well and she's a happy little bike that anyone would be proud of.

Diziet Sma, TomTB and Boreas like this.
  17. Jack Brewhouse

I feel old fashioned but really, I think this sucks. If you're gay, that's fine but this is just sad and creepy.

18. Boreas

19. Diziet Sma

20. Diziet Sma

Seven days apart between these two pics. These are part of my running paths. Yesterday run 16Cº: Winter is over!!:D:p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]