Odds and Ends

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Boreas, Apr 24, 2015.

1. Diziet Sma

Diziet Sma Administrator Staff Member

I don't know the first thing about this issue, but I've had a Mac for the last 12 years and never have had a problem with it nor with Apple service. Maybe I'm one of the lucky ones...

2. Bierschneeman

Bierschneeman Well-Known Member

is your Mac one of the ones on the video. ?

it's
    also tendency instead of for sure gonna fail. maybe you are easier on your stuff? like when an SUV gets a rollover recall but a cautious driver, who lives on the flat grid roads of the Midwest, avoids freeways, and goes the speed l imit keeps the SUV without issue.

here's one where mac tried to change the definition of "counterfeit" to prevent repair shops from fixing their products customers bring in.

3. Bierschneeman

Bierschneeman Well-Known Member

and this one is actually the one I originally intended to post, i done posted the wrong one.

this one deals with service options, and apples continuous crusade to shut down anyones ability to repair apple products while also refusing to do so, so to make sure the customers only option is to buy a new one.

sorry, not trying to tirade I just find these interesting

. I am a big supporter of conglomerates and corporations that work, and make sure they offer customers good products they can stand behind with good warrnties and service options to make sure they get repeat customers. but I am a big hater of ones that manipulate the legal system to make sure the customer doesn' have an alternative rig the system so they limit or remove competition to a point they no longer have to care about quality and can charge as much as they want.

I have a list of what I consider the five most evil corporate entities, all destined to be umbrella, or skynet, wayland, aperture science.
    apple is one of them (that spot was taken by Microsoft until about 10-20 years ago)