NEAL ASHER. THE SKINNER. SPOILERS!

Discussion in 'Science Fiction' started by Diziet Sma, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Boreas

Boreas n log(log n) Staff Member

Are you going to continue with the sequel whilst The Skinner is still fairly fresh in your memory?

2. Diziet Sma

Diziet Sma Well-Known Member

Yes, I want to read it! My problem is I get easily distracted by other books and genres.
    Right now, I have in my mind to read a couple of SF books I already own, plus I have picked up on offer a couple of Grimdark books by an indie author and highly recommended by our own Charlie Brown. He is very much bang on his recommendations, so I'm struggling not to follow it.
    I'm also looking forward to Musashi and to complicate things even more, I already have 4 Noir books by authors I really like wainting to be read. Do you understand my problem?
    By the by, have you finished it? If so, how did you find it in relation to The Skinner. I think I need a push...

3. Boreas

Still on it. Going a little slowly because I'm alternating between this one and another.

Is the author that Charlie recommended Allan Batchsomething? I remember he was raving about his books for like a year.

4. TomTB

TomTB Administrator Staff Member

Allan Batchelder. I love his books. The easiest comparison is Joe Abercrombie. If you like one you'll almost certainly like the other.

5. Diziet Sma

That's him! I have his first two books.

6. MorteTorment

MorteTorment Regular Member

lol, Oh god. my bad!

That's what what happens when yours ttuly places the name of the series over the names of books.

7. Diziet Sma

Did you finish it?

8. Boreas

Afraid not. I haven't read anything the last nearly two weeks. Will definitely let you and Charlie know how I find it when I do.