Let's play: do you recognise me?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction' started by Boreas, May 14, 2016.

1. Boreas

Boreas n log(log n) Staff Member

There's got to be dozens of predominantly SF writing male authors in the US.

2. TomTB

TomTB Administrator Staff Member

Jeez, more clues then I guess.

I have read 5 of his books over the past few years and enjoyed them all for the most part.

3. Boreas

Hmmm...I know you've read Chris Woodring over the last few years. And also another military SF series, of which I can remember neither the name of the author nor of the series, but I do recall something about a space elevator? Any of these?

4. Diziet Sma

Diziet Sma Administrator Staff Member

Right, so SF books you have enjoyed: Do you mean a trilogy in a post-apocalyptic scenario, which I have also read and we don’t seem quite to agree on the entertainment level?:)

5. TomTB

TomTB Administrator Staff Member

Jackpot!

It's Hugh 'Beefcake' Howey!

Diziet Sma likes this.
  6. Boreas

Damn, Hugh Howey never even entered my mind! His name's like that of a Marvel comic book character. And I really thought he was one of those minor film actors.

7. Diziet Sma

I'm having problems with my computer and can't upload any pics at the momement. Anynone take my turn?

8. Boreas

I'll take your turn with this relatively easy one. Who's the lady? She was the key character in one of the long-running spin-offs of a major television series.

[​IMG]

9. Safari Bob

Safari Bob Well-Known Member

Is that Kate Mulgrew?

10. Boreas

Yep! It was too easy. Your turn now, if you want.

11. Safari Bob

Safari Bob Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Ok. Who is this?

12. Boreas

This is an easy one since she's high profile and a darling of the SF elite and has often been in SF news the last few years. Forget how to spell her first name, but she's Okarofor (sp?). Plus, she won an award recently...either the Hugo or the Nebula, can't remember. I waive my right to post next.

13. Diziet Sma

I thought this time we could go for a cover.
    US author with a background in Arts, Experimental Psychology and who wrote a dissertation about animals responses to novel stimuli.
    This author combines the technological and hard-edge of SF along with the sociological and psychological themes relating to soft SF.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
  14. Boreas

Okay, it seems no one's attempted this one at all. I have this cover so I know the author. Do you want to add another picture or give more clues?

15. Diziet Sma

Well, just in case...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017