High-Rise

Discussion in 'Film & TV' started by Boreas, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Boreas

Boreas n log(log n) Staff Member

I'd heard that Ben Wheatley was adapting J. G. Ballard's High-Rise for the screen, but I'd forgotten about it and, suddenly, I find it's already premiered! I read the book earlier this year (review) and found it very powerful. I've seen one previous film of Ben Wheatley (Kill List) which I liked and this film is going to star Tom HIddleston, Jeremy Irons, Luke Evans, Sienna Miller and Elizabeth Moss.

Plus, Wheatley and his co-scriptwriter have thankfully decided to set the film in the original year the story was set in (1975) instead of attempting some hackneyed modernisation for 2015! God Bless! I'm expecting an excellent adaptation!

Has anyone read the book or been lucky enough to catch the film in the theatres already?

Los Angles Times Article

High-Rise Movie Poster.jpg

2. Boreas

Boreas n log(log n) Staff Member

The film premièred at the Toronto Film Festival and I'm wondering when the mass release will be. At least the trailers are out! I've been really looking forward to this film and have had high expectations ever since I heard of the cast, the director and their decision to keep the original setting/time period.

Teaser in the form of an advert for properties at the high-rise

And the trailer of the film which I think is very well done in a retro style in keeping with the 1975 setting of the story

What do y'all think of the trailers? Has anybody been looking forward to this film?