Film Club

Discussion in 'Film & TV' started by Boreas, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Bierschneeman

Bierschneeman Well-Known Member

I was able to get the link to work, but it failed at about 2-5 mins in. I will continue to try.

For the next movie, I have seen there will be blood, it is definitely a grim low concept drama. Very much matches the description given throughout the film.
    You might enjoy it. I like watching it side by side with no country for old Men.

The other two sound good, I love a good noir film. And scifi is always up my alley.

2. Boreas

Boreas n log(log n) Staff Member

Okay, the first choice seems to be There Will Be Blood, so check your mailboxes for the link. I'll also get around to sending you links for Colossus sometime in the next few days. @Bierschneeman, would you want to re-watch There Will Be Blood this time around or will you be skipping it?
    Great, then I have someone to watch and chat noire with. There's a fantastic proto-noire drama that I want to re-watch sometime: Fritz Lang's 1936 Fury.
    You should try sometime, dude. I'm hoping some of these choices will get us to watch films outside of our normal comfort zone.

3. Bierschneeman

Bierschneeman Well-Known Member

It's on Netflix so I'll watch it there.

Fury is a great one. But I'm a little obsessed with Fritz Lang's work, it's sad that he started to lose respect near the end of his career, he was still producing grade A work but it just happened to be out of vogue to do his noir film dramas.

My favorite is "M" followed by "Metropolis" duh.