Cooking: What's Your "Go To" Dish?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Safari Bob, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Safari Bob

Safari Bob Well-Known Member

Do you like to cook? What is your "go to" dish?

I enjoy cooking and my family seems to like it. As we are in Texas, my "go to" dish is probably smoked pork loin (apologies to any vegetarians) though I also like making pasta dishes. I am always looking to learn new styles of cooking, though.

[​IMG]

TomTB and Diziet Sma like this.
  2. Diziet Sma

Diziet Sma Administrator Staff Member

Ñam, ñam…!
    Cooking is a daily chore for me and it bores me senseless. However, when having friends over and a good wine, I’m super happy at the kitchen. I enjoy cooking Mediterranean cuisine best and my Paellas are well known in the area. I have a huge paellera pan to feed about 15 people, which of course doesn’t fit on my hob so I prepare it in the BBQ: I know many would shout "sacrilege!!!" over this, however, my friends always have seconds and lick their fingers quite happily.
    I will post a pic next time I prepare one.

Safari Bob likes this.
  3. Safari Bob

I had to Google Paellas (forgive me) but it looks great! Do you follow a specific recipe or do you improvise?

4. Diziet Sma

Diziet Sma Administrator Staff Member

I follow recipes as much as sticking to the suggested reading order of a particular series.:) Besides, I struggle to find many ingredients over here, which means I have to improvise a great deal.
    I think @TomTB loves cooking and experimenting in the kitchen if I remember well...

5. kenubrion

kenubrion Well-Known Member

Mexican food especially tacos, tostadas and burritos. Tasty and very easy to put together.

6. TomTB

TomTB Administrator Staff Member

I like to dabble :)

My go to dish is s very non-bolognese version of spaghetti bolognese. I cook the authentic version often enough, but the version I love most includes streaky bacon, oregano, parsley, double cream, white wine and (home made!) chicken stock, finished with sour cream & parmesan.

It is .. (pardon my French) .. fucking stunning!

Diziet Sma and Safari Bob like this.
  7. Safari Bob

Dang. Now I'm hungry.

TomTB likes this.
  8. EdwardOrozco

EdwardOrozco Full Member

How wonderful it is! I also wanted to eat it. As for my favorite dish, it is caviar provided by the checked supplier, for instance, Fishandcaviar. I like to eat both sandwiches and pancakes. I am happy to add caviar to the different meals.