Book Hauls

Discussion in 'Other Literature' started by Boreas, May 2, 2015.

1. Hope

Hope New Member

Ok. 37 physical books since January. 4 audio books. And I have 5 children's books also.
    And 15 books from book outlet that didn' get here yet and 5 from Barnes and Noble and 1 from Amazon. So maybe altogether' like 60? Ummm, Hello my name is Hope, and I think I have a PROBLEM. Please somebody tell me NOT TO BUY ANY MORE BOOKS this year?
    (That's not gonna happen). I'll try not to buy anymore until my birthday in July. That's my not so resolute resolution.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
    Safari Bob and Diziet Sma like this.
  2. Diziet Sma

Diziet Sma Administrator Staff Member

Impressive! How much reading do you manage pro week/month? I also tend to hoard books, not sure why though...

3. Boreas

Boreas n log(log n) Staff Member

I buy more books than necessary, too, or more books than I'll get to read in any case. But I've not been through a book buying binge like that in years.

4. Diziet Sma

Today we had a book fair close to work, and after browsing for a little while, I behaved myself and bought just one.
    Good stories with nasty werewolves are one of my weaknesses, and this one has been recommended.:)

[​IMG]

5. Boreas

Some books I pulled out of a box. I've only read Engines of God before. Anybody read the other three?

[​IMG]

Diziet Sma and Safari Bob like this.
  6. Diziet Sma

Nice! Haven't read any but Windhaven and Engine of Gods have caught my eye.
    Do you have other boxes full of sweet surprises? I wish I had some. It would feel like Christmas.

7. Boreas

Yes, I dug out three small boxes all containing some old paperbacks. Many of them are pretty beat up, but some are still in very nice condition. Unfortunately, some sets are missing instalments - I either got ride of them by mistake or they're stored somewhere and I can't remember where. I found the first three volumes of Jack Vance's Demon Princes, but couldn't find books 4 and 5. Also found the first to books of Aldiss' Helliconia trilogy, but couldn't find the final book.

8. Diziet Sma

That's annoying! Keep looking in those boxes, you might find more treasure.
    Ah, Jack Vance; I have been looking into getting The Lyonesse: Suldrun's Garden.