Anyone read Planetfall, After Atlas, Vagrant or The Malice?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction' started by wakarimasen, Feb 20, 2017.

1. wakarimasen

wakarimasen Full Member

Hey folks.

I'm going to be doing a double interview soon, with Emma and Peter Newman. I've read the split worlds stuff and Peter's Vagrant and Malice I haven't dipped my toe into Mrs N's sci fi though, has anyone here? I know it got quite a bit of love, but does anyone have any questions for Emma on it?
    Or questions for Peter?
    Or even anything about living in a house withn two writers?

Hit me up with anything that occurs...

<cues theme music: At home with the newmans... doo de doo. They're writing humans... da daa da da... >
    :D

2. Boreas

Boreas n log(log n) Staff Member

I've only read The Vagrant by Peter Newman and liked it. Have yet to get to The Malice, though, so I don't know if I have anything to ask. How did you find the sequel, and how were Emma Newman's works in comparison?

3. wakarimasen

wakarimasen Full Member

Liked The Malice. different enough to the first to keep it going but held the weird world taste well.
    The split worlds books of Emma's are far more character oriented and enjoyable for completely different reasons. I recommend them as sorbet for fantasy fans looking for something quirky , light but quality.
    That's why I'm interested in her harder sci-fi stuff... I'd like to see the quality and character applied in another setting.

Boreas likes this.