Any sign of this author?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction' started by Sebaalco, May 10, 2018.

1. Sebaalco

Sebaalco Full Member

I got this old book named 'I Shudder at Your Touch', which is a compilation of short stories mixing horror and erotica genres. There I found this story called 'The Tiger Returns Home' by TL Parkinson. I found this short story totally mind blowing, but when I searched the author I found almost nothing about it. Only a supposed 'Terry L Parkinson' with one book wich dates from the same year as the book I found. Any signs of this author?

2. Diziet Sma

Diziet Sma Administrator Staff Member

I don't know this author. I just looked him up and came up with a couple of books plus some of his contributions. Just in case, this is what I have found:

The Man Upstairs (Plume)
    My Imaginary Parents {short story}
    Le Tigre Retourne dans la Montagne

I Shudder at Your Touch (Contributor)
    Semiotext(e) SF (Contributor)
    Full Spectrum (Contributor)
    Predators (Anthology) (Contributor)

3. Sebaalco

Sebaalco Full Member

Thanks for the info. I read his story 'The Tiger returns to the Mountain' and said 'this is one of the most famous authors in the world and I stupidly missed it'. It was true horror, the kind of horror that makes you think about suspense music as you read. But then I found nothing. I dont even have a picture. It's frustrating

4. Boreas

Boreas n log(log n) Staff Member

It seems the only book Terry L. Parkinson has written is The Man Upstairs, and you can find two different editions on Amazon: Dutton and Plume.

His other output consists of uncollected short stories which have appeared in various horror anthologies and one magazine. There is a horror anthology series (1978-1991) edited by Charles L. Grant called Shadows, three of whose volumes contain stories by T. L. Parkinson.

His stories are:

"Estrella" (1982) in Shadows 5.
    "The Blue Man" (1985) in Shadows 8.
    "The Father Figure" (1986) in Shadows 9.
    "Sleep" (1986) in the Charles L. Grant edited horror anthology After Midnight.
    "My Imaginary Parents" (1988) in the Lou Aronica & Shawna McCarthy edited mixed-genre anthology Full Spectrum.
    "The Sex Club" (1989) in the Rudy Rucker edited eclectic SF anthology Semiotext[e] SF.
    "The Shell" (1990) in The Magazine of Fantasy & Science Fiction, Jan. 1990 issue.
    "The Tiger Returns to the Mountain" (1991) in the Michele Slung edited erotica/horror anthology I Shudder At Your Touch.
    "Mistaken Identity" (1991) in the Ed Gorman & Martin H. Greenberg edited horror anthology Predators.

I think this might be the author's complete output, but I'm not sure.