ANother Earth

Discussion in 'Film & TV' started by Dtyler99, Jun 18, 2017.

1. Dtyler99

Dtyler99 Well-Known Member

Did anyone see Another Earth, an indie film done about 5 years ago? It concerns the discovery of a second identical Earth right next to ours the night a tragic accident happens to the MC and the open question throughout is what would your life would be if you could live it slightly differently?

The theme has certainly been explored many times in SF, but I found this particular story very affecting. The "other Earth" is just a mechanism for the characters to explore themselves, which, to me, is a lot more interesting than blowing up space ships. Plus it stars the amazing Brit Marling.

2. Diziet Sma

Diziet Sma Administrator Staff Member

I haven’t and I would really like it to. Can anyone suggest a reliable and an easy way to stream movies? Also, I’m not very IT savvy.
    My Netflix CH is rather limited in choice...

3. TomTB

TomTB Administrator Staff Member

Legally?

4. Diziet Sma

Reliable and easy...;)

Boreas, TomTB and Dtyler99 like this.
  5. TomTB

TomTB Administrator Staff Member

Well I have a 'friend' who has Kodi uploaded onto an Amazon firestick, which is extremely easy and usually very reliable. They tend to only watch new release movies though in 1080/HD, so a fast internet connection is a must! Can't vouch for being able to search for and watch random old movies, although I'm sure it's possible.

6. Dtyler99

Dtyler99 Well-Known Member

Lol!

7. Diziet Sma

Thank you and your friend @TomTB!! I shall see whether I can manage it. The firestick thingy has already made crossed eye though...:)

Boreas likes this.