A question about forum rules on this trhead, please

Discussion in 'Other Literature' started by Don Schneider, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Don Schneider

Don Schneider Full Member

Being new here, I don’t want to run afoul of forum rules early on, or ever for that matter. As this is the “Other Literature” section, I wanted to know if it would be permitted to post an historical fiction flash (less than 1,000 words) piece I wrote set against the Irish War for Independence, circa 1919. (This is not to be confused with the later “Troubles” in Northern Ireland after the partition. At this time, the U.K. still ruled all of Ireland.)

People who saw and appreciated the movie Michael Collins with Liam Neeson or are otherwise familiar with that period might in particular find it interesting. I don’t really consider this self-promotion as I have never even attempted to write for money (and don't even have ads on my free access website) and have written only two fiction pieces, though I write much more in nonfiction. Nevertheless, some might construe it as that and if so, I understand.

Thank you.

2. Diziet Sma

Diziet Sma Administrator Staff Member

Hi @Don Schneider and welcome! I don't see a problem with you posting your story.
    It might be better to open a thread in the "Writing" subforum section.
    Looking forward to reading it! :)

3. Don Schneider

Don Schneider Full Member

Thank you, Dizet. It is appreciated. I posted the story on the Writing section. If this is not what you meant, please move it to where you did.

Thank you much again.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018